White sage is used for purification and clearing negative energy.
Sage Smudging is a ritual where the leaves of the Sage plant are burned. The smoke is then directed into a space that is in need of clearing negative energy, the spirit of the sage plant releases its energy of protection. Be sure to express your gratitude for its assistance.
Benefits of Sage:
- Sage is filled with Antioxidants
- Sage purifies the air. It grabs onto and soaks up dust and mould, neutralising them and also odours
- It is antibacterial; it can help to stop the spreading of germs
- Repels Insects
- Dispels negativity and gets rid of any stuck energy
- Soothes the mind, body and soul and promotes happiness & boosts energy levels
- Boosts cognition and aids brain memory
- Sage has also been said to improve sleep. Clearing the air, encouraging a deeper slumber
Need help using sage? Here's a helpful blog. Loose sage is similar to burning a sage stick, place a small amount of the loose mix into a heat proof vessel, light and blow out the flame, allowing the beautiful blend to smoke.