Women have been practicing with stone eggs for over 5,000 years to access sexual power, awaken sensuality and maintain health into their old age. This is China’s Royal Palace best kept secret!
What is a Yoni Egg?
It is a semiprecious stone carved into the shape of an egg and polished to be worn inside the vagina to preform kegel exercises. A Yoni Egg is also know as a Jade Egg or the Love Egg.
“Yoni” is a Sanskrit (Indian language) word for female genitalia; this means “sacred space”. Its symbol has been worshiped in Eastern cultures since ancient times for its ability to bestow life.
Benefits you will experience when practicing with your Yoni Egg on a regular basis:
- Assistance with recovery after childbirth;
- A strengthened pelvic floor; which supports the uterus, bladder, small intestine and rectum;
- You will gain control of your vagina muscles;
- Aids in the reduction of PMS symptoms, menstrual cramps and the duration of the Aunt Flo;
- An increased libido; awakening your sensuality which will increase sensitivity during intercourse;
- Better orgasms;
- An increase of natural lubrication (at any age);
- You will develop an intimate and loving relationship with your yoni, your body and yourself.
Choosing your size
Yoni Eggs come in 3 sizes. Use the below as a guide:
- Large (35×50 mm)
preferable for women to start here. Especially if you’ve given birth (vaginally or caesarian)
- Medium (30x43mm)
this is suggested once you have gained full control of the large.
- Small (25x35mm)
you won’t move onto the small Yoni Egg until you’ve gained full control of your vagina muscles. The smaller the egg the more muscle dexterity is required to feel and to hold.
The larger the egg, the easier it is for you to feel and for your muscles to grip the egg. Please do not feel discouraged if you can not keep the Yoni Egg in for a long period of time. The larger egg is heavier, therefore it is harder hold. It is completely normal for beginners to not be able to hold it in and you may want to start practicing with your Yoni Egg whilst laying down or sitting up.
Other helpful information around sizing:
If you decided to start out with a medium egg; and a month down the track you feel a larger egg might be better for you, then definitely look to get a larger egg. Come back to your medium size Yoni Egg in approximately 2 weeks or when you feel comfortable with the large sized egg.
If you’ve given birth, gone through menopause, or you’re not sure what size to start with; you may benefit with all 3 size Yoni Eggs. You will work your way from the large, to the medium and onto the small size egg. You also then have the option of using different size eggs on different days.
DO NOT practice with a Yoni Egg if you are pregnant or right after childbirth. You will need the approval from your midwife or GP post-partum.
Choosing the Crystal
A Yoni Egg is a very personal, you should allow your intuition to guide you when choosing which crystal is best for her. As you know, each crystal has its own unique properties, these affect your body in different ways. Let the crystal choose you!
Yoni Eggs are made from a variety of different crystals. Most are safe, although not every type of crystal is safe to be worn inside the yoni.
Drilled Yoni Eggs have a small hole drilled through the narrow end, you may chose to put a string through it which will allow for an easy retrieval. We recommend using a natural cotton thread or unwaxed and unminted dental floss. Drilled eggs can be used without the string as well. After a few weeks of practice, you will have learnt how to push the egg out by command using only your vaginal muscles.
Don’t worry, you can’t lose the Yoni Egg. Yoni Eggs can be worn for more than 24 hours or longer. If you’re brave enough, you can have intercourse while the Yoni Egg is inside you!
- Rose Quartz – Often referred to as the Love Stone. Rose quartz corresponds strongly to the Heart chakra, it helps dissolve the barriers and blockages we have against feeling, giving and receiving the energy of love.
- Black Obsidian – Resonates with the root chakra. Obsidian is a very protective stone and a powerful ally for releasing trauma and emotions stored in the body, especially in the pelvis. It transmutes negative energy and helps treating certain ailments of the female physical body.
- Clear Quartz – This stone harmonizes all chakras. Clear Quartz is known as the Master Healer as it is the most powerful healing crystal and it is the easiest crystal to program. Clear quartz cleanses your soul deeply. You feel an alignment in body, mind, spirit, and emotion, and an enhanced sense of well-being. Note: Because clear quartz absorbs energies easily, we recommend that you energetically cleanse your egg on a regular basis.
- Nephrite Jade – Communicates with the Heart chakra. This egg helps connect our heart with our passion (second chakra and yoni). Nephrite Jade energetically balances the water of the body and is beneficial for the health of the entire organism, especially for the kidneys and female reproductive system. It is a grounding, calming, balancing and protective stone that promotes self love and well being.
Boil water then allow it to cool for a little while, you should be able to place a finger in the water. Place the egg in the water for 12-15 minutes.
Optional: You can add a tsp of salt.
DO NOT boil your egg, it may cause it to crack.
Wash your egg before and after each use.
Remember to cleanse and charge the Yoni Egg like you would your other crystals. With regular practice, it is important to cleanse and charge your Yoni Egg every few days.